Brett Baker is well established as one of the finest trombonists in Europe and has been described as being at the pinnacle of his glittering career. As principal trombone in Black Dyke Band - one of the most famous brass bands in the world - and as a guest soloist who has appeared with many other bands in Europe, America, Canada, Japan, Australia and New Zealand, together with his many solo recordings, technical accomplishments and warm personality, Brett's fame and popularity is truly world-wide. Add to this his commissioning of new works for trombone, teaching, conducting and adjudicating skills (he is a clinician for Michael Rath Trombones) and his reputation as an exceptional all-round musician is assured.
On this CD he is accompanied by Black Dyke Band, with Musical Director Dr. Nicholas J. Childs.
1.Tango, Gavin Higgins 9.24
2. I Loves You Porgy, George Gershwin arr. Bill Geldard 3.21
3. Annie Laurie, Arthur Pryor arr. Keith Wilkinson 5.23
4. Berceuse de Jocelyn, (Angels Guard Thee) Benjamin Godard arr. John Howarth 5.16
5. DL Blues, Don Lusher 3.32
6. Rathamataz, Andrew Duncan 10.45
7. Alfie, Hal David and Burt Bacharach arr. Morris 3.15
8. White Knuckle Ride, Philip Wilby 5.47
9. A Time for Peace, Peter Graham 3.41
10. Fantastic Polka, Arthur Pryor arr. Keith Wilkinson 5.05
11. By The Time I Get To Phoenix, Jim Webb arr. John Golland / Routley 4.20
12. Concertino for Trombone (Nightmare), Derek Bourgeois 8.10
13. Arriva Derci Roma, Renato Rascel arr. Sandy Smith Brett Baker, Garry Reed and Adrian Hirst (Trombones) 3.47